I’m a firm believer in skill stacking. Are you?
So that’s why I’m a learning and development professional who can write. Or a writer who has expertise in learning and development. I still haven’t decided.
I’d tell you also that I’m also a qualified researcher but then it just gets confusing.
So, let’s stick with L&D for now. So, I’m a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the professional body in the UK for HR and L&D. I help all kinds of organisations with learning and with writing. For example:
- I blog for learning and development companies
- I write training courses for national training companies
- I write snappy, bite-size training courses for digital training
- I write website copy for computer software training companies
- I’ve written for The Guardian and the Times on learning, work and student issues
- I write white papers, thought pieces and longer reads
- I’ve mentored students
- I teach Appreciative Inquiry methods of organisational development
I’m also an experienced learning programme evaluator, working with universities such as UCA, Staffordshire University and Glasgow Caledonian University to assess the effectiveness of their work-based learning programmes in companies like SERCO and SSE. I enjoy a lovely piece of ROI. Because if you’re unlucky enough to work for an organisation that thinks learning is a cost centre rather than a profit centre, you need the numbers to make your case.
For specialist L&D writing and analysis, drop me an email at email@example.com